otherwiseconjunctionuk /ˈʌð.ə.waɪz/ us /-ɚ-/
otherwiseadverbuk /ˈʌð.ə.waɪz/ us /-ɚ-/
otherwise adverb (DIFFERENTLY)
- His phone call was a welcome intrusion into an otherwise tedious morning.
- A tiny mark flawed the otherwise perfect silk shirt.
- She was badly bruised but otherwise unhurt.
- When referees make contentious decisions players are going to be upset, and anyone who thinks otherwise is living in cloud-cuckoo-land.
- Dennis White scored the only goal in an otherwise forgettable match.
otherwise adverb (NOT INCLUDING)
otherwiseadjective [after verb]uk /ˈʌð.ə.waɪz/ us /-ɚ-/ formal