outlinenoun [ C ]uk /ˈaʊt.laɪn/ us /ˈaʊt.laɪn/
outline noun [ C ] (SHAPE)
outlineverb [ T ]uk /ˈaʊt.laɪn/ us /ˈaʊt.laɪn/
outline verb [ T ] (DRAW SHAPE)
- Michael Davis has prepared a memorandum outlining our need for an additional warehouse.
- The progress of religious reforms is outlined in a separate chapter.
- The scheme outlined in Mr Smith's speech has the support of the committee.
- The introduction outlines the content each chapter.
- She spent ten minutes outlining the main features of the scheme.