overnightadjective, adverbuk /ˌəʊ.vəˈnaɪt/ us /ˌoʊ.vɚˈnaɪt/
overnight adjective, adverb (TIME OF DAY)
- Several of the injured were detained overnight in hospital.
- The temperature could fall below zero overnight.
- I emptied the closet and put my belongings into the black overnight case.
- I'm travelling overnight so I've booked a sleeper.
- The overnight invasion took the military experts unawares.
overnight adjective, adverb (SUDDENLY)
- ad hoc
- ad lib
- against (all) the odds/against all odds idiom
- all at once idiom
- all of a sudden idiom
- it's just one of those things idiom
- just like that idiom
- make sth up as you go along idiom
- muddle along
- undreamed of