overturnverbuk /ˌəʊ.vəˈtɜːn/ us /ˌoʊ.vɚˈtɝːn/
overturn verb (GO UPSIDE DOWN)
- The rioters overturned several cars and set them alight.
- An articulated lorry has overturned on the south-bound carriageway, shedding its load.
- A truck driver died last night when his vehicle overturned.
- She overturned the car, but walked away from it without a scratch.
- Vandals smashed windows and overturned cars in the downtown shopping district.
overturn verb (CHANGE)
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: