She said how much she appreciated the overwhelming generosity of the public in responding to the appeal.
- There has been overwhelming public support for the proposed shopping development.
- The temptation to have another glass of wine proved overwhelming.
- The evidence against the suspect is overwhelming.
- The home team had the support of the overwhelming majority of the spectators.
- The devastation showed the overwhelming power of the earthquake.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: