particular adjective (SPECIAL)
He wouldn't take just any book - he had to have this particular one!
- This particular stretch of coast is especially popular with walkers.
- In the light of recent incidents, we are asking our customers to take particular care of their personal belongings.
- Is there a particular sequence in which you have to perform these tasks?
- A lot of people think that most newspapers are biased towards one particular political party.
- As he gets older, my grandson is developing a particular interest in history.
particular adjective (NOT EASILY SATISFIED)
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
particulars [ plural ]