patientnoun [ C ]uk /ˈpeɪ.ʃənt/ us /ˈpeɪ.ʃənt/
- The patient had surgery on his heart.
- A number of patients have been successfully treated with the new drug.
- There has been no significant change in the patient's condition.
- He has helped patients suffering from anxiety, depression, and eating disorders.
- This practice is responsible for about five thousand patients in this part of Leeds.
B1 having patience:
Be patient with her - she's very young.
- He's very patient with small children.
- I could never be a teacher, I'm just not patient enough.
- If you could just be patient for a few more minutes, someone will be with you shortly.
- Be patient - it's your turn next!
- I'm sure we'll hear something soon, you'll just have to be patient.