patternnounuk /ˈpæt.ən/ us /ˈpæt̬.ɚn/
pattern noun (WAY)
- Recent months have seen a pattern of tit-for-tat killings between the two sides.
- It is difficult to discern any pattern in these figures.
- Damage to the ozone layer has caused a change in weather patterns.
- Changing patterns of agriculture are threatening the countryside.
- Genetic engineers should not be allowed to play God, interfering with the basic patterns of Nature.
pattern noun (ARRANGEMENT)
pattern noun (EXAMPLE)
pattern noun (DRAWING)
pattern noun (PIECE)