peacenoun [ U ]uk /piːs/ us /piːs/
peace noun [ U ] (NO VIOLENCE)
- They had worked for peace during the long era of conflict.
- Do you think they'll ever find a way of bringing peace to the region?
- Few observers believe that the treaty will bring a lasting peace to the region.
- The United Nations has exerted its authority to restore peace in the area.
- The war was followed by a long period of peace and prosperity.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
peace noun [ U ] (CALM)
There'll be no peace until she gets what she wants.
- Sarah seemed to have a profound sense of inner peace.
- The peace of the village has been shattered by juggernauts thundering through it.
- He simply wants to live out the rest of his days in peace.
- Leave your mother in peace to get on with her work now, please.
- I go camping for some peace and quiet.