peacefuladjectiveuk us /ˈpiːs.fəl/
peaceful adjective (NO VIOLENCE)
- the onerous task of finding a peaceful solution
- a peaceful protest
- The president is predisposed towards negotiation and favours a peaceful way of resolving the crisis.
- Her speech about the need for a peaceful solution to the crisis fell on stony ground.
- There has been a dramatic shift in public opinion towards peaceful negotiations.
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
peaceful adjective (CALM)
- The protest march went off peacefully with only two arrests.
- The pop festival passed off peacefully, despite the fears of local residents.
- Voting took place peacefully across most of the country.
- It is being seen as a last-ditch attempt to resolve the crisis peacefully.
- Everyone has the right to demonstrate peacefully.