pensionnoun [ C ]uk /ˈpen.ʃən/ us /ˈpen.ʃən/
US a government pension
UK a state pension.
- The Chancellor announced a miserly 75p a week rise in the state pension.
- He retired on a generous pension from the company.
- It's a bloody disgrace that some war widows don't get a decent pension.
- The perks of the job include a company pension scheme and a generous travel allowance.
- After years of loyal service, his boss fired him just before he would have qualified for a pension.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: