periodnoun [C]uk /ˈpɪə.ri.əd/ us /ˈpɪr.i-/
period noun [C] (TIME)
- Her time at university was the most eventful period of her life.
- He was one of the most important writers of that period.
- The war was followed by a long period of peace and prosperity.
- The 1990s were a period of rapid change.
- The police are carrying out spot checks on drivers over the Christmas period to test for alcohol levels.
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
period noun [C] (BLOOD)
period noun [C] (MARK)
periodadjectiveuk /ˈpɪə.ri.əd/ us /ˈpɪr.i-/