photographnoun [ C ]uk /ˈfəʊ.tə.ɡrɑːf/ us /ˈfoʊ.t̬oʊ.ɡræf/ informal photo
a colour/black-and-white photograph
- A photograph of her daughter was prominently displayed on her desk.
- The report comes complete with diagrams and colour photographs.
- She's got photographs of all her grandchildren on the mantelpiece.
- We all posed for our photographs next to the Statue of Liberty.
- Police have issued a photograph of the suspect.
photographverb [ T ]uk /ˈfəʊ.tə.ɡrɑːf/ us /ˈfoʊ.t̬oʊ.ɡræf/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words