pilenounuk /paɪl/ us /paɪl/
pile noun (AMOUNT)
pile noun (COLUMN)
pile noun (SURFACE)
pile noun (BUILDING)
pileverbuk /paɪl/ us /paɪl/
pile verb (OBJECTS)
- The saucepans clashed as he piled them into the sink.
- She had a most elaborate hairdo, all piled up on top of her head.
- In the village market, the stalls are piled high with local vegetables.
- The logs were neatly piled against the wall.
- Knowing he had a good appetite, she passed him a plate piled high with mashed potato.
pile verb (PEOPLE)