plasticnounuk us /ˈplæs.tɪk/
plastic noun (SUBSTANCE)
plasticadjectiveuk us /ˈplæs.tɪk/
plastic adjective (SUBSTANCE)
- I keep my computer printer under a protective plastic cover.
- The wires were fastened together with a plastic clip.
- These plastic cups are virtually indestructible.
- The table has a plastic coating which prevents liquids from permeating into the wood beneath.
- There's a new scheme in our town for recycling plastic bottles.
plastic adjective (FALSE)
plastic adjective (SOFT)