plastic noun (SUBSTANCE)
plastics [ U ]
- Copper conducts electricity, but plastic does not.
- The architects have made imaginative use of glass and transparent plastic.
- This plastic is going to be moulded into plates.
- These toys are made from tough plastic.
- These are the electrical connectors, cased in waterproof plastic.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
plastic noun (MONEY)
plastic adjective (SUBSTANCE)
- I keep my computer printer under a protective plastic cover.
- The wires were fastened together with a plastic clip.
- These plastic cups are virtually indestructible.
- The table has a plastic coating which prevents liquids from permeating into the wood beneath.
- There's a new scheme in our town for recycling plastic bottles.