polluteverb [ T ]uk /pəˈluːt/ us /pəˈluːt/
- We should respect the environment and not pollute it.
- The fertilizers and pesticides used on many farms are polluting the water supply.
- Oil from the wrecked tanker polluted more than 40 miles of the Normandy shoreline.
- The fund provides money to clean up chemically polluted industrial sites.
- High concentrations of toxic elements were found in the polluted areas of the sea.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: