powerfuladjectiveuk /ˈpaʊə.fəl/ us /ˈpaʊ.ɚ-/
powerful adjective (CONTROL)
- The president is so powerful that he is able to dictate to the government.
- He was a powerful force in British politics during the war years.
- I get the impression that Sheila is the powerful one in that relationship, not her husband!
- Today's teachers are not the powerful authority figures they once were.
- Are multinational companies now more powerful than governments?
powerful adjective (STRENGTH)
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
powerful adjective (IMAGE SIZE)