practicaladjectiveuk us /ˈpræk.tɪ.kəl/
practical adjective (EXPERIENCE)
- It's all very well knowing things in theory but what you need to gain is practical experience.
- So how does this theory translate into practical policy?
- Greater emphasis is given to practical tests rather than written work.
- We offer practical help for people with disabilities.
- There are various practical problems that we need to overcome.
- almost/nearly die of sth idiom
- be a martyr to sth idiom
- be a victim of your own success idiom
- be devoured by sth idiom
- get the short end of the stick idiom
- get/have your fingers burned idiom
- go through sth
- ups and downs
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
practical adjective (SUITABLE)
practical adjective (EFFECTIVE)
- an old/a wise head on young shoulders idiom
- be a victory for common sense idiom
- no flies on sb idiom
- out of the mouths of babes (and sucklings) idiom
practical adjective (POSSIBLE)