preventionnoun [U]uk /prɪˈven.ʃən/ us /prɪˈven.ʃən/
- As far as health is concerned, it is often said that prevention is better than cure.
- His research in the field of disease prevention produced unexpected results.
- Accident prevention must be viewed as a priority.
- fire prevention officers
- Health education in the local population is crucial to the prevention of killer diseases.
- be a drag on sb/sth idiom
- block sth out
- hold out on sb
- hold sb/sth back
- hold/keep sb/sth at bay idiom
- holding pattern
- prevention is better than cure idiom
- pull the rug from under sb's feet idiom