pricenoun [ C ]uk /praɪs/ us /praɪs/
House prices have been falling.
- The price of petrol will rise by 5p a gallon from tomorrow.
- Shall I inquire about the price of tickets?
- The price of PCs has fallen recently.
- The restaurant charges shockingly high prices for its food.
- There are a couple of shops in town which sell nice clothes at affordable prices.
C1 [ T often passive ] to say what the price of something is:
The car is priced at £28,000.
- competitively priced goods
- The company makes and retails moderately priced sportswear.
- I bought a reasonably priced radio.
- We've been pricing new kitchens.
- I think you need to price things slightly lower if you want to get rid of them quickly.