primaryadjectiveuk /ˈpraɪ.mər.i/ us /ˈpraɪ.mer.i/
primary adjective (MAIN)
- Her primary purpose in suing the newspaper for libel was to clear her name.
- Ozone is the earth's primary filter for ultraviolet radiation.
- The money I earn is extra, my husband's job is our primary source of income.
- The course's primary aim is to improve students' proficiency in oral Spanish.
- Although the issues you raise are important, they are not really our primary concern.
primary adjective (EDUCATION)
primary adjective (EARLIEST)
primarynoun [C]uk /ˈpraɪ.mə.ri/ us /ˈpraɪ.mer.i/