principlenounuk /ˈprɪn.sə.pəl/ us /ˈprɪn.sə.pəl/
principle noun (IDEA)
- The school is based on the fundamental principle that each child should develop its full potential.
- The government has promised to uphold the principles of democracy.
- In the 1870s and 1880s, doctors began to follow the principles of antiseptic surgery.
- The party's principles are basically egalitarian.
- Johnson calls this phenomenon 'the principle of minimal effort'.
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
principle noun (RULE)