professionaladjectiveuk /prəˈfeʃ.ən.əl/ us /prəˈfeʃ.ən.əl/
- We're engaging the services of a professional administrator.
- He's one of the highest-earning professional golfers in the world.
- These two books will be especially useful for editors, journalists, and other professional users of the language.
- He was an amateur singer until the age of 40, when he turned professional.
- This was her final professional match, and she wanted to end her career in a blaze of glory.
professionalnoun [C]uk /prəˈfeʃ.ən.əl/ us /prəˈfeʃ.ən.əl/