Company profits are down from last year's figures.
turn a profit
- The school summer fair made a clear profit of £500.
- They buy paintings at auctions and then resell them at a vast profit to collectors.
- We agreed before we did the deal that we'd both get an equal share of the profit.
- All our profits are re-invested in research and development.
- The successful branding and marketing of the new beer has already boosted sales and increased profits.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: