progressnoun [U]uk /ˈprəʊ.ɡres/ us /ˈprɑː.ɡres/
- We're making slow but steady progress with the decorating.
- The doctor will call next week to check on your progress.
- Alex is just plodding along at school, making very little progress.
- I have to report to my boss on progress every Friday.
- We need some sort of graph on which we can chart our progress.
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
progressverb [I]uk /prəˈɡres/ us /prəˈɡres/
- As his illness progressed, he made fewer entries in his diary.
- The building project is progressing well.
- Unfortunately this is a disease which progresses very rapidly.
- Whenever I talk to him we never seem to progress beyond the weather and holidays.
- He started as an apprentice but quickly progressed to foreman.