prominentadjectiveuk /ˈprɒm.ɪ.nənt/ us /ˈprɑː.mə.nənt/
prominent adjective (FAMOUS)
- The shop front occupies a very prominent position on the main street.
- It's worrying that such a prominent politician is so easily led.
- She is likely to play a prominent part in the forthcoming election campaign.
- Lady Thatcher remains a prominent political figure.
- His photo stood in a prominent place on her desk.
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
prominent adjective (NOTICEABLE)