proportionnounuk /prəˈpɔː.ʃən/ us /prəˈpɔːr.ʃən/
proportion noun (AMOUNT)
- What proportion of people who are HIV-positive go on to develop AIDS?
- As people accumulate more wealth, they tend to spend a greater proportion of their incomes.
- Their generosity was in inverse proportion to their income .
- He might be small but he's perfectly in proportion.
- Hispanics make up a large proportion of the population of Miami.
proportion noun (SIZE)
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
proportion noun (IMPORTANCE)