proposalnoun [ C ]uk /prəˈpəʊ.zəl/ us /prəˈpoʊ.zəl/
B2 a suggestion, sometimes a written one:
[ + to infinitive ] There has been an angry reaction to the government's proposal to reduce unemployment benefit.
- 50 people voted against the new proposal.
- The members are agreed that the proposal should be rejected.
- They declared their support for the proposal
- I'll send you a fax with the details of the proposal.
- The management has refused to back our proposals.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: