- I keep my computer printer under a protective plastic cover.
- People who work with furnaces in a steel factory need to wear protective clothing.
- The protective covering must be insensitive to light and heat.
- The anti-personnel mines were laid as a protective shield around the town.
- In some diseases, the protective layer in a joint wears away.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
adverb uk /prəˈtek.tɪv.li/ us /prəˈtek.tɪv.li/
noun [ U ] uk /prəˈtek.tɪv.nəs/ us /prəˈtek.tɪv.nəs/