protestnounuk /ˈprəʊ.test/ us /proʊˈtest/
- The authorities have put tanks on the streets to discourage any protest.
- My letter of protest was just a drop in the ocean.
- They believe only in peaceable, non-violent protest.
- The lecturers joined the protest march to show solidarity with their students.
- One member of the committee resigned in protest at the changes.
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
protestverb [I or T]uk /prəˈtest/ us /ˈproʊ.test/
- We protested about the changes for a long time, but in the end we had to submit.
- Demonstrators protested angrily following the jury's verdict.
- "But I can't go to the dance without an escort, " she protested.
- Students and workers were out on the streets protesting against the cuts.
- The students are holding a demonstration to protest against the increase in their fees.