proudadjectiveuk us /praʊd/
proud adjective (SATISFIED)
- I'm pleased to say that I'm now the proud possessor of a driving licence!
- He was justifiably proud of his achievements.
- I am happy, indeed proud, to be associated with this project.
- He said he was proud to be an American.
- He was very proud when his daughter received a commendation for her achievement.
- (as) pleased as Punch idiom
- be as high as a kite idiom
- be dancing in the streets idiom
- be floating on air idiom
- be full of the joys of spring idiom
- be in seventh heaven idiom
- jump for joy idiom
- look/feel like a million dollars idiom
- loved up
proud adjective (RESPECTING YOURSELF)
proud adjective (FEELING IMPORTANT)
- (as) proud as Lucifer idiom
- a cut above idiom
- airs and graces idiom
- as if you owned the place idiom
- get on your high horse idiom
- put on the dog idiom
- revolve around sb/sth