provide verb (SUPPLY)
B1 [ T ] to give someone something that they need:
We have concerns about whether the government will be able to provide viable social services for poorer families/provide poorer families with viable social services.
- Bonus payments provide an incentive to work harder.
- Do you think the state should provide free nursery education?
- A healthy diet should provide all your essential nutrients.
- They opened a shelter to provide temporary housing for the city's homeless.
- He was able to provide the police with some valuable information.