qualifyverbuk /ˈkwɒl.ɪ.faɪ/ us /ˈkwɑː.lɪ-/
qualify verb (FINISH TRAINING)
qualify verb (HAVE RIGHT)
- He had to show that he had a well-founded fear of persecution on religious or political grounds to qualify as a refugee.
- Will we qualify for legal aid?
- Do you think Scotland will qualify for the European Championship finals?
- The area qualifies for designation as a site of special scientific interest.
- If you work for 16 or more hours a week, you may qualify for Working Families Tax Credit.
qualify verb (GET INTO COMPETITION)
qualify verb (LIMIT)