quantitynoun [ C or U ]uk /ˈkwɒn.tə.ti/ us /ˈkwɑːn.t̬ə.t̬i/
- This quantity of lasagne will feed six people.
- Forensic examination revealed a large quantity of poison in the dead man's stomach.
- He consumes vast quantities of chips with every meal.
- The quantities given in the recipe should be enough for four servings.
- Erupting volcanoes discharge massive quantities of dust into the stratosphere.
Amount of or number of?We use amount of with uncountable nouns. Number of is used with countable nouns: …