quarternounuk /ˈkwɔː.tər/ us /ˈkwɑː.t̬ɚ/
quarter noun (FOURTH PART)
- The fall in the value of the yen might result in a fractional increase in interest rates of perhaps a quarter of one percent.
- Road accident victims make up almost a quarter of the hospital's patients.
- He inherited a quarter of a million pounds on his mother's death.
- A quarter of the contents of an average family's dustbin is organic matter.
- A quart is so called because it is a quarter of a gallon.
quarter noun (COIN)
quarter noun (AREA)
quarter noun (PEOPLE)
quarter noun (PLACE TO LIVE)
quarterverbuk /ˈkwɔː.tər/ us /ˈkwɑː.t̬ɚ/
quarter verb (CUT INTO FOUR)
quarter verb (SOLDIER)
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: