quoteverbuk /kwəʊt/ us /kwoʊt/
quote verb (SAY)
- In all future letters on this subject, please quote our reference JW/155/C/1991.
- I can't quote the exact statistics for you offhand, but they're there for you to see in the report.
- The article quoted an unnamed source from the White House.
- At the beginning of his speech he quoted a line from 'Macbeth'.
- I think it's a crazy idea, but don't quote me on that.
quote verb (GIVE PRICE)
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
quotenounuk /kwəʊt/ us /kwoʊt/ informal
quote noun (PRICE)
quote noun (SYMBOLS)