randomadjectiveuk /ˈræn.dəm/ us /ˈræn.dəm/
- And what might be the underlying significance of these supposedly random acts of violence?
- To my untutored eye that just looks like a load of random brush strokes and yet it's a very valuable painting.
- It seems that the attack was a random act of violence.
- The survey was carried out among a random sample of voters.
- The security guards carried out random checks on people entering the building.
- as luck would have it idiom
- be the luck of the draw idiom
- luck into sth
- more by accident than design idiom
- more by luck than judgment idiom
- one in a million idiom
- postcode lottery
- stumble into sth