rapeverb [ I or T ]uk /reɪp/ us /reɪp/
rape noun (SEX CRIME)
He had committed several rapes.
He was convicted of rape.
- The judge was reviled in the newspapers for his opinions on rape.
- We're hearing reports of the systematic rape and torture of prisoners.
- Some of the most disturbed children had witnessed really traumatic things, such as rape and murder.
- Why do so many rapes go unreported?
- The woman alleged rape, but Reeves insisted it was consensual.
rape noun (DESTRUCTION)
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words