raw adjective (NOT COOKED)
- Discover how eating raw food helps balance your body and aids digestion.
- Helen made a grimace of disgust when she saw the raw meat.
- Peppers are usually cooked with other vegetables or eaten raw in salads.
- Prawns are grey when they're raw, and turn pink when they're cooked.
- People can become infected after eating raw or undercooked meat.
raw adjective (NOT PROCESSED)
Oil is an important raw material that can be processed into many different products, including plastics.
- Our chief expenditure is on raw materials.
- In this period, there were 974 outbreaks of communicable disease attributed to the consumption of raw milk.
- The selling price barely covered the cost of the raw materials.
- Until recently the country's economy has been insulated from recession by its reserves of raw materials.
- The drains spew (out) millions of gallons of raw sewage into the river.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
raw adjective (PAINFUL)
raw adjective (COLD)
noun [ U ] uk /ˈrɔː.nəs/ us /ˈrɑː.nəs/