reaction noun (BEHAVIOUR)
There has been an immediate/widespread/hostile reaction against the government's proposed tax increases.
reactions [ plural ]
- The protests are a delayed reaction to last week's announcement.
- The committee kept the results of the survey to itself, fearing a bad public reaction.
- There has been a mixed reaction to the changes.
- Young people's reactions to world events are often at variance with those of their parents.
- The proposal has received a generally favourable reaction.
reaction noun (UNPLEASANT EFFECT)
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words