readverbuk us /riːd/ (read, read uk /red/ us )
read verb (UNDERSTAND)
- I didn't read the contract fully before I signed it but I'm counting the cost now.
- He learned to read at the early age of three.
- The driver was peering into the distance trying to read the road sign.
- None of the committee's proposals will matter a jot if no-one reads their report.
- I've been put off reading the book by all the hype.
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
read verb (STATE)
read verb (STUDY)