recallverbuk /rɪˈkɔːl/ us /ˈriː.kɑːl/
recall verb (REMEMBER)
- If you cast your mind back, you might recall that I never promised to go.
- She had an amazing memory and could recall verbatim quite complex conversations.
- He recalled his dissipated youth spent in nightclubs and bars.
- There was a slight tremble in her voice as she recalled her husband.
- The film recalls the events of First World War.
- a blast from the past idiom
- be engraved on sb's memory/mind idiom
- be etched on/in sb's memory idiom
- be your epitaph idiom
- jog sb's memory idiom
- let's see idiom
- ring a bell idiom
- stamped on sb's memory idiom
- stick in sb's mind/head/memory idiom
- take sb back
recallnounuk /rɪˈkɔːl/ us /ˈriː.kɑːl/
recall noun (REMEMBERING)
- at/in the back of your mind idiom
- corporate memory
- flash back
- from memory idiom
- go down
- long memory
- off the top of your head idiom
- photographic memory
- to the best of my recollection idiom
- within living memory idiom
- within your memory idiom