receiveverb [T]uk /rɪˈsiːv/ us /rɪˈsiːv/
receive verb [T] (GET)
- Members all receive a free copy of the monthly newsletter.
- Tomorrow the children will receive their anxiously awaited presents.
- One aggrieved customer complained that he still hadn't received the book he had ordered several weeks ago.
- The orchestra receives £2 million a year in sponsorship from various companies.
- The planet Jupiter radiates twice as much heat from inside as it receives from the Sun.
receive verb [T] (WELCOME)