a reduction in traffic
- The treaty has led to a dramatic reduction in the number of land-based missiles in Europe.
- Stiffening competition in the market has led to a reduction in the company's profits this year.
- The reduction in funds is throttling the development of new programmes.
- The airline halved its overseas service because of a sharp reduction in traffic.
- The Green Party have called for a substantial reduction in the emission of greenhouse gases by the UK.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words