referencenounuk /ˈref.ər.əns/ us /ˈref.ɚ.əns/
reference noun (MENTION)
- She made a veiled reference to her former employer.
- He made several references to his time in France.
- I am writing to you with reference to the job advertised in yesterday's newspaper.
- He spoke at length without once making reference to the current crisis.
- She spoke in very vague terms and there were no direct references to specific situations.
reference noun (IN A PIECE OF WRITING)
reference noun (LETTER)
reference noun (LOOK AT)