regimenoun [C]uk /reɪˈʒiːm/ us /reɪˈʒiːm/
regime noun [C] (MANAGEMENT)
- The regime tried to silence dissent with a programme of mass murder.
- He urged governments worldwide to break diplomatic ties with the new regime.
- The government was accused of covert military operations against the regime.
- The once docile population has finally risen up against the ruthless regime.
- The drafting of a new constitution cannot be a monopoly of the white minority regime .
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
regime noun [C] (RULES)