regulateverb [T]uk us /ˈreɡ.jʊ.leɪt/
- Police can invoke the law of trespass to regulate access to these places.
- This valve regulates the flow of water into the tank.
- The travel industry is regulated by a set of guidelines.
- The switch is used to regulate the speed at which the machine operates.
- The government has introduced new laws to regulate the sale of firearms.
- balance of power
- have sb by the balls idiom
- have sb eating out of your hand idiom
- have sb in the palm of your hand idiom
- have sth in hand idiom
- pull rank idiom
- pull the strings idiom