relate to sb/sth
— phrasal verb with relate uk /rɪˈleɪt/ us /rɪˈleɪt/ verb [ T ]
C1 to be connected to, or to be about someone or something:
- These figures relate to the company's performance over the last 12 months.
- The infection is related to an injury he suffered last year.
- The fall in house prices is related to a rise in interest rates.
- The announcement relates to a change in structure of the organization.
- Which diagram relates to the section on temperature increase?
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: