relationnounuk /rɪˈleɪ.ʃən/ us /rɪˈleɪ.ʃən/
relation noun (FRIENDSHIP)
- I think she's a relation of theirs.
- They're not blood relations, - they're only connected by marriage.
- Scientists eventually proved a relation between smoking and lung cancer.
- Police are investigating a possible relation between the murder and a robbery that took place last year.
- The painting bears almost no relation to the scene it's supposed to portray.
- We've seen a continuing deterioration in relations between the two countries.
- The collapse of Communism changed East-West relations for ever.
- We're entering a new phase in international relations.
- We are on the threshold of a new era in European relations.
- This settlement will resolve one of the most vexatious problems in the field of industrial relations.
relation noun (CONNECTION)
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
relation noun (FAMILY MEMBER)
- be sb's own flesh and blood idiom
- birth mother
- birth parent
- first cousin
- fraternal twin
- maiden aunt
- working mother/father/parent
- your nearest and dearest idiom
- your own flesh and blood idiom